Wheatfreeleeshy

How To Make Chocolate Cake From Pamela's Baking Mix?

Rate this topic

I want to make a chocolate cake or cupcakes using Pamela's Baking Mix. I know they have a chocolate cake mix but it has sugar in it which I can't eat (I use palm sugar). Any ideas?? Thanks!!

I would email them and see if they have any suggestions, I've emailed them before and they're pretty quick to reply. They do have a recipe on the site for Coffee cake using the Baking Mix, so I can't imagine it would be too much of a stretch to make it a chocolate cake instead. However, I am not skilled in any way at altering recipes, so I won't even go there :P Maybe someone else has some ideas? I'd definitely try emailing Pamela's though! :)

http://www.pamelasproducts.com/

I work with a lady that does a lot of gluten free cooking since her daughter is Celiac and she said she uses any normal from scratch baking recipe and just omits the baking soda and/or powder since the Pamela's already has the equivalent. I've never tried it but she swears up and down it works.

I always use the Better Homes and Gardens chocolate cake recipe. I sub the Pamela's cup for cup for the flour, omit the salt, baking powder and soda, and I use espresso instead of the water... makes it extra dark!

I always use the Better Homes and Gardens chocolate cake recipe. I sub the Pamela's cup for cup for the flour, omit the salt, baking powder and soda, and I use espresso instead of the water... makes it extra dark!

Great!! Where do I find this recipe? Just Google "Better Homes and Gardens chocolate cake recipe"?

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Oh and FYI to all, I did email Pamelas and they said they do not have a choc cake recipe using the baking mix.

I'll let you know how the BH&G recipe turns out! I found a recipe on another site for chocolate buttercream frosting using palm sugar.

Exciting!