Bis-quit

Is Anyone Familiar With Enterolab?

Rate this topic

I had testing done thru enterolab, the gene testing revealed I have double gluten intolerance genes, but do not possess the celiac gene. Does that mean that their is no way possible to have celiac?

I informed my doctor of the testing, but he still wants to go ahead with the endoscopy.

Yes, it is still possible to have celiac without possessing one or both of the main celiac genes (DQ2 and DQ8).

• Upvote 1

Yes, it is still possible to have celiac without possessing one or both of the main celiac genes (DQ2 and DQ8).

Yes, and how is this? Please explain it to me?

There is NO "celiac gene". DQ2 and DQ8 only indicate a predisposition to Celiac along with other issues. Only 20% of the people who carry this gene,will continue on to develop Celiac Disease.

Your testing may indicate that you may have a gluten intolerance or a gluten allergy (or both -

Enterolab does not, nor cannot, nor claim to diagnose for Celiac Disease.

If you feel better without gluten.....go with that. If you choose to continue testing, keep on a FULL gluten diet.

For all of us who have have digestive issues, I think it might be wise to have an endoscopy exam...if nothing but a base test.

Yes, and how is this? Please explain it to me?

There is NO "celiac gene". DQ2 and DQ8 only indicate a predisposition to Celiac along with other issues. Only 20% of the people who carry this gene,will continue on to develop Celiac Disease.

I used the term "celiac gene" because most will refer to these genes as such. It is said that around 95% of people with celiac disease possess one or both of these genes, that is not to say that everyone who possesses these genes has celiac disease or will ever develop it. And, that would suggest that 5% of people with celiac disease do not possess one or both of these genes. Thus, my answer.

It seems to me you answered your own question.