sfamor

Not Feeling Better

Rate this topic

I hate to post something so negative, but I am just in a terrible mood today. I am coming up on a year mark from being diagnosed with Celiac's and going gluten free. I have been EXTREMELY careful with the diet and doubt that I am getting gluten from any hidden sources. I just had my bloodwork redone and my IgG and IgG numbers are back within normal ranges which is promising, BUT I don't feel any better and in some ways actually feel worse. I am still just as exhausted as I used to be, but then no matter how tired I am, I have trouble sleeping and never wake up feeling rested. My brain fog is still ever present and I seem to have some neuro symptoms (unsteadiness at times, little muscle jerks). I used to have awful GERD and it got better for a little while after going gluten free, but now it's nearly as bad as it used to be. I also developed an awful new symptom after going gluten free which is that I started feeling nousceas and vomiting in the evenings a couple times a week. It feels like food is not moving through my stomach to the point of where it gets "backed up", but I actually had a stomach emptying test a few weeks ago that show the opposite- food is moving through my stomach too QUICKLY (doctor couldn't explain why this was happening and isn't worried).

I do have a b-12 and iron deficiency for which I've been getting b-12 shots and taking iron supplements so my numbers should be going up. I've been tested for diabetes and sleep apnea and thyroid issues with all negative results. Endoscopy was normal other than the Celiac's. I've also recently was tested for over 200 common allergy's (skin prick test) at the doctors and all negative. Am I missing something? Why do I still feel SO bad??

Have you tried eliminating soy and casien? Intolerances would not show up on allergy testing so even if you didn't show postive to them on allergy testing they may still be an issue. Also are you taking any meds or supplements? Supplement labels need to be read throughly because some contain barley or wheat grass which isn't safe for us even though the label will say gluten free. Script meds need to be checked through the maker and generics should be checked at each refill. Do you eat out frequently or at others houses that are not gluten free? Do you have a significant other who eats gluten or others who eat gluten in the home and if you do are they being careful not to CC you? Even a kiss from someone who has had a gluten beverage and food can get us if they haven't brushed their teeth. Do you have pets that eat gluten food or are you doing any repair or remodeling work at your home? There are home repair products that contain gluten and can get us through the dust.

I am not much help, I just wanted you to know I understand the frustration. I have only been gluten free for 2 months, and I am feeling much better...However, I have the exhaustion and insomnia as well. I have been having many other symptoms (can't catch my breath..etc ) I have been to dr after dr and they now have me on anxiety medicine and told me to get off the internet...I know that it is my throid I am just waiting for my tsh number to get bad enough for them to treat me. ( I have all the symptoms-and family history) I think its funny though, they had no problem throwing me on anxiety meds-but they won't even try thyroid meds... Don't give up, and maybe try avoiding aspartame... I have even stopped buying chemicals to clean my house with-I really just want to get as chemical free as possible...Good Luck

I am in the same boat. Diagnosed 1 year plus 3 months. I am diabetic (type I, 20 years) I also have the feeling of a full stomach late at night and when I get up in the a.m., after little or nothing to eat. Still bad diarrha and bloating every day. I believe I have been following the diet pretty well... ?maybe not, though,with hidden sources. Also wondering about maltodextrin and caramel coloring.

I am wondering if I have other allergies or intolerances. Also have had Graves Disease, so on thyroid replacement. All meds are gluten free.

Wondering if I am getting problems with gastroparesis?

Lots of questions and no answers.