This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Biopsy Negative...crying

Stellar003

IrishHeart Veteran

IBS isn't really a diagnosis it is a symptom. Since testing has so many false negatives it is a good idea for anyone with IBS symptoms to give the diet a good strict try after all celiac testing is done. Many of us that suffered undiagnosed for years were told constantly that we had IBS when what we really had was celiac or gluten intolerance. Sometimes the body can give us the answer that testing can not.

Ditto for me! IBS is a "broad term" applied to a syndrome--a collection of symptoms...irritable bowel---yes, it IS VERY IRRITABLE, doctor!! It's pissed off---but WHY??? :angry:

Listen to your body. Gluten wreaks havoc. If you feel better off it, you've got a gluten issue.

Tests are wrong all the time, unfortunately. Go with your gut (pun intended :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cahill Collaborator

Go with your gut (pun intended :)

:D I love this , it made me smile :D

IrishHeart Veteran

I had a NEG blood test back in 2010 and I had been gluten-free for 4 weeks at the time, thinking it was a good idea. I had been VERY ILL for 2 years and felt Gluten was a real problem. My stupid doctor said it wouldn't affect the test :unsure: I believed him :unsure: and continued to eat gluten for ANOTHER year as I slowly dwindled down to nothing. A gastro doc scoped me back in '09, but failed to biopsy :angry: I just kept losing weight, my brain function and ability to drive, etc....Only my PC doc was able to confirm my diagnosis.

I wouldn't eat gluten again for a test , but that's just me. I never want to be as deathly ill as I was again.

IrishHeart Veteran

:D I love this , it made me smile :D

:D good! :D

mushroom Proficient

Just had a horrible nightmare!!! What if we needed a doctor's prescription for gluten free foods??:unsure::blink:

zus888 Contributor

After the suggestion from Zu888 I have read the book Healthier Without Wheat and it really has confirmed in my mind I am not Celiac Disease but I do have non-celiac gluten intolerance.

As per the book it states

"Gliadin is a type of gluten. When the immune system attacks gluten, it produces gliadin antitbodies. If you have gliadin antibodies, then it is apparent that your immune system has interpreted that gluten is not food; it is a foreign invader that must be eliminated from the body. It attacks any gluten you eat. If either your IgA or IgG gliadin antibody test is positive, then you have a strong immune reaction to gluten and thus a gluten intolerance".

Basically the only different between the Celiac Disease and non-celiac gluten intolerance, is that in Celiac Disease you have Villous atrophy (damage of villi in the stomach), while symptoms & treatment are exactly the same for both.

I too was so confused but now I'm positive that I have non-celiac gluten intolerance and will live a gluten free lifestyle for life.

Hope this helps, the book is definitely a great read and really puts everything into content

I'm so glad you liked it, and it helped you as much as it helped me! :) It really made sense to me and helped me be at ease with my inconclusive bloodwork, and made me think about the connection of this gluten thing to all my other autoimmune diseases.

I'm not sure where you can get the book - I'm assuming (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned). My brother gave it to me as a gift (I think from amazon).

eatlovehope Rookie

I'm so glad you liked it, and it helped you as much as it helped me! :) It really made sense to me and helped me be at ease with my inconclusive bloodwork, and made me think about the connection of this gluten thing to all my other autoimmune diseases.

I'm not sure where you can get the book - I'm assuming (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned). My brother gave it to me as a gift (I think from amazon).

Thanks Suzanne

I live in Australia. I found it on a online bookstore called fishpond in Australia. I'm sure they ship internationally...

I actually feel like taking the book to my own doctor so she can read the research, as it was pretty obvious she knew very little about it...She just said no you don't have Celiac, and left it like that....

Thanks again for the recommendation...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived