shayre

What Brand Of gluten-free Oats Do People React To?

Rate this topic

I am having a huge flare-up of all autoimmine symptoms. I have recently been eating Udi's gluten-free granola...which is oats. However, I have corn issues, and recently tried a vitamin with a little corn substance in it. I am trying to figure out if I am reacting to the oats like it is gluten, or if it's the vitamins. I have been gluten-free over a year, and have avoided oats until now. What brands has anyone had difficulty with? Is it the actual oats, or contamination. I have tried Udi's and GlutenFreeda oatmeal.

Gluten free oats are (theoretically, and usually via standard testing) free of gluten. BUT 10% of celiacs react to oats (the oat protein itself). You might try taking out the oats and see if it makes a difference. (But if you have corn issues, take one or the other out at a time if you want to see which it is.)

• Upvote 1

I can't eat any gluten free oats. It causes major symptoms and it actually caused imflammation that showed up on my scope (from cc from them in gluten free products). I AVOID any certified gluten free oats or products that likely have oat cc like the plague!

i personally have been fine with both brands you mentioned (udi's gluten-free oat granola, and glutenfreeda oatmeal). so, i honestly think they're certifiably gluten free-> if they bother you- then your body may be reacting to the oat proteins themselves.

i totally react to corn- similar in the way i do to wheat gluten. unfortunately corn is in EVERYTHING... i really do not know how im supposed to avoid it :(

good luck figuring out which one is bothering you. we're all different for sure.

i totally react to corn- similar in the way i do to wheat gluten. unfortunately corn is in EVERYTHING... i really do not know how im supposed to avoid it :(

Lots and lots and lots of research and massive cooking from scratch. :(

...it helped me a lot to find some corn allergy websites. They had some good ideas of what to do and what to avoid.

Lots and lots and lots of research and massive cooking from scratch. :(

...it helped me a lot to find some corn allergy websites. They had some good ideas of what to do and what to avoid.

thanku Shauna- but what is one to do when it comes to meds, and advil, and u know- just about everything