SharonSL

Gluten Free Restaurants In Barcelona

Rate this topic

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has any specific gluten free restaurant recommendations in Barcelona Spain.

Hi,

Okay, I did spend quite a bit of time in Barcelona a few years ago but this was before I was diagnosed with Celiac. From what I remember, I ate mostly tapas and things like that. While they do eat a lot of bread, they also make a lot of dishes with rice or seafood which are probably safe. Also, at some of the larger restaurants there were waiters or managers who spoke English and it was very common to see menus in English. I'm sure you could talk to a manager about your allergy. Best of luck!

I went to Barcelona five years ago. I had no problems in spite of the language differences. I got a Catalan langauge restaurant card from the Celiac Society in Barcelona, and everyone (restaurants) was very appreciative and helpful. You have to watch out for some of the sausages, and paella is not ok. Blue ink (squid ink) rice was fine, although I did not care for it. I am going back this summer and can't wait!

I went to Barcelona five years ago. I had no problems in spite of the language differences. I got a Catalan langauge restaurant card from the Celiac Society in Barcelona, and everyone (restaurants) was very appreciative and helpful. You have to watch out for some of the sausages, and paella is not ok. Blue ink (squid ink) rice was fine, although I did not care for it. I am going back this summer and can't wait!

We were in Barcelona last September before a cruise so we were only there for 1 day before and 1 day after the cruise. Make sure you take your translation card as I did use it and it was useful. If you get desperate the Hard Rock Cafe has a gluten free menu. Otherwise there are options in restaurants such as tapas and some paella.