joej1

Detox Fasting /probiotics

Rate this topic

I am having a rough time this week figuring out what to do. I am gluten free for about 2 and a half months. The first month of that i was wiping out an H. pylori infection. The next phase of the program has me taking probiotics daily. I feel like my stomach and system is doing a lot of stuff right now. I don't have much of an appetite and i am on a low carb diet. I feel congested/burdened with protein and fat. Has anybody had this lack of appetite during the recovery process? I am not looking into doing big fasts or anything like that but possibly eating lightly while my body adjusts. However, i am underweight and do not want to lose more weight. One thing i am considering is just skipping dinner or breakfast some days to give my system a rest and replacing the meal with some "bieler broth" which is just a pureed soup of zucchinni, string beans, celery, and parsley.

Anybody have experience with this sort of thing?

-Joe

A couple of months ago I did a three week detox with my nutrionist and had only been gluten free for two months at the time. She had me take this paleomeal protein powder (there is a dairy free and whey version-both are gluten free)from www.rockwellnutrition.com. I took one in the morning and one at supper and it filled me up but was easily digestable as it had enzymes in it and helped with my energy levels. I would have some steamed veggies for lunch and green broth just like your describing, as often as I wanted. I was allowed a serving of berries or a spoonful of almond butter or sunflowerbutter as a snack. I would check in with your doctor just to make sure you're getting sufficient vitamin intake as well-this is important when your body is detoxing. It can be very draining otherwise. Not sure if that helps at all...