willabec

Need Some Advice!

Rate this topic

ok....i have celiac (diagnosed about 9 yrs. ago) about 2 1/2 years ago, started with loose stools, sometimes a burning sensation in stomach area, etc. had a stool test in sept. of 2008 i think that said i had a higher fat content but it was only a 1 day stool test....celiac blood panel came back normal. finally this november i had another endoscopy and colonoscopy....diagnosed with microscopic colitis and vili still flattened but better than my 2001 endoscopy. so dr. put me on prednisone for 15 days then entocort...things were much better in dec. but then in jan. things started to go down hill again...still better but not as good as dec. dr. then told me to take asacol along with the entocort....things still not better, maybe a bit worse. switched drs. b/c of some issues with old dr. new dr. said to keep on the asacol until the end of this month....i have now been dealing with what i think are acid reflux symptoms....lump in throat, belching, etc. no acid in throat though....and stools are kind of back to where they were back before i started any meds....so i just called new dr. left a message and said that i was taking myself off the asacol as it does not seem to be helping much and i kind of broke down....started to cry right there on the phone....i am just done...so tired of trying to figure out what the heck is going on...i am watching what i am eating...staying away from dairy as much as possible. now i really wonder if my symptoms are all due to refractory celiac or if something else is going on??? do any of you have a burning sensation? do you sometimes see a "film" on toilet water? are your stools not normal??? my main issue is that my stools get looser as the day goes on....it can be good in the a.m. (still not normal) looser after lunch and then sometimes i go late afternoon and then it is really loose or like water....i just don't get it....if any of you out there have any advice or suggestions, i would really appreciate it!! thanks!

I am so sorry you are going through so much. If you are consuming soy have you tried eliminating it? Are you being really careful about cross contamination? What is your diet like? Are you going with mostly unprocessed foods? If there is no reason not to take it you could try some name brand Pepto Bismal liquid for the stomach pain. I think it may be helpful with MC, if I am remembering correctly. I wish I had some better answers for you and hopefully others will be on soon to give further advice. You might want to consider seeing an allergist who will deal with food intolerances who can set you up with a starting point and guide you through an elimination diet. That can be helpful in pinpointing other intolerances so you can avoid the foods that you may need to avoid in addition to gluten.