Roda

Dinner Roll Recipe

Rate this topic

I found these rolls stumbling around the internet last night and I wanted to lick the screen! :P:lol: Anyway, I don't have any white rice flour in the house and couldn't find a brand I could use at the local stores today. So this is what I have on hand: tapioca starch/flour, potato starch, brown rice flour and King Arthur all purpose flour. I do have millett and buckwheat I can grind into flour also. I need a substitute for the white rice flour and any suggestions would be helpful. Would it be alright just to sub with more brown rice flour or a mixture of it and millett? Thanks!

http://www.bookofyum.com/blog/adeenas-gluten-free-rosemary-teff-dinner-roll-recipe-1478.html

I use either white or brown rice flour. I tend to keep only one at a time. Whatever the current recipe calls for when I need it. The texture might be slightly different but it should work.

I found these rolls stumbling around the internet last night and I wanted to lick the screen! :P:lol: Anyway, I don't have any white rice flour in the house and couldn't find a brand I could use at the local stores today. So this is what I have on hand: tapioca starch/flour, potato starch, brown rice flour and King Arthur all purpose flour. I do have millett and buckwheat I can grind into flour also. I need a substitute for the white rice flour and any suggestions would be helpful. Would it be alright just to sub with more brown rice flour or a mixture of it and millett? Thanks!

http://www.bookofyum.com/blog/adeenas-gluten-free-rosemary-teff-dinner-roll-recipe-1478.html

I would substitute the white rice flour. It's a bit gritter than the brown rice, but I think it would work.

Of your choices, the closest sub for white rice flour would probably be the King Arthur mix. You could sub just the brown rice flour, but it would probably come out a little different because it would have more protein and fiber, so maybe denser. You could try substituting half brown rice flour, 1/4 tapioca, and 1/4 potato starch to make it more like a plain white rice flour in terms of starchiness, but if you're going to bother to do that you might as well just use the King Arthur mix.

Of your choices, the closest sub for white rice flour would probably be the King Arthur mix. You could sub just the brown rice flour, but it would probably come out a little different because it would have more protein and fiber, so maybe denser. You could try substituting half brown rice flour, 1/4 tapioca, and 1/4 potato starch to make it more like a plain white rice flour in terms of starchiness, but if you're going to bother to do that you might as well just use the King Arthur mix.

Thanks. I may do that and sub the King Arthur mix for everthing except the brown rice flour and the buckwheat.

MMMmmmm. These do look delicious. Thanks for passing the word around. Looks like I'll be making hot soup and rolls for supper. Angie. :)

I made these and they smelled really good. I omitted the herbs but did sprinkle the tops with pretzel salt. They were good. My gluten eating husband said he would eat them but the boys didn't like them at all.