sam8veggies

Gluten-Free/lactose Free Asthma Inhaler

Rate this topic

Hello!

As I'm sure we're all familiar with the hassle of finding gluten-free medications, I won't delve too far into this story, but let's just say that I sincerely dread going to the pharmacist.

I have exercise induced asthma that has been getting progressively worse over the last few months. I've had it under control since I was 16 years old (I'm 23 now), so my doctor and I discussed going on a broncodialator like Advair. So he prescribed that and I saw it has lactose in it, which I am also allergic to. Then he called in a different one, and I was given the generic which also had lactose. So now I am getting terribly frustrated because it shouldn't be my job to research for hours which medications I am prescribed won't have ingredients to make me sicker. Plus, anything I find out online seems to be made null and void, because the generics are from different manufacturers, so it's impossible to tell what is in it until you see the label on the bottle. I don't want to be calling all of these companies asking what their inactive ingredients are all day long. I just need a new inhaler.

So, my question is, does anyone out there have a steroidal inhaler that is Gluten and Lactose free?

Thank you to any and all who respond!

Samantha