katiekay

Is There An Easy Way To Know If Someone Responds To Post?

Rate this topic

Hi.

New to board.

Is there an easy way to know if people respond to threads I start? Also is there a way to find out if people respond to a thread I didn't start but responded to or possibly didn't respond to but just interested in?

Are the notifications through email? Or just on the board? Possible to just have it show up for me somewhere on the board? Since my email is swamped...

At the top of the page while viewing a topic, there is a button labeled "Watch Topic." Click it, and you will get a menu of options for being notified.

In your profile settings, under notification options, you can choose which method(s) to use to notify you of various events.

You can also click on "View New Content" and see all the new posts since you last visited the board.

where is "view new content"?

It is a clickable item just above the buttons and near the right hand side of the page. It is not a "button" -- just a clickable phrase. Look for:

Board Rules/Privacy View New Content Mark Board As Read

to the left of the RSS icon.

It is context sensitive. If you are on the home page, or looking in the forums, it will show new posts. If you are in the members section, it will show new members.