WinterSong

Amazing Quinoa Breakfast Recipe!

Rate this topic

My mother pointed me towards this recipe when I found out I had Celiac last week - I just tried it, and it's AMAZING!!! I just had to share it with you all. I made it with almond milk, strawberries and walnuts. Incredibly healthy and delicious! Can't wait to make it again tomorrow.

(Makes one serving)

1/4 cup almond milk, soy milk, or 1% low fat milk

1/4 cup water

1/4 cup organic quinoa

2 or 3 fresh, chopped strawberries (can use blackberries or blueberries)

1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon (estimated)

small hand-full walnuts or pecans (estimated), toasted*

1/2 teaspoons organic agave nectar

Combine milk, water and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat; let stand covered 2 minutes. Stir in berries and cinnamon; transfer to bowl and top with walnuts. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar over dish.

*While the quinoa cooks, roast the walnuts in a 350F degree toaster oven for 5 to 6 minutes or in a dry skillet over medium heat for about 3 minutes.

YUM! :D

That sounds tasty.. I am also in the process of collecting gluten free ideas/recipes that are easy and delicious. Thanks! :)

That is so funny! I just bought some quinoa today and needed a recipe for it...thanks for sharing will give this a try in the AM!