plumbago

Organic Whole Premium Flaxseed By Spectrum Essentials

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

Before I give/dump these on a friend, I wanted to see what people thought about whether or not I should continue to consume this flax seed. I say continue because only today did I turn the package around and read (bought the FS before I was diagnosed). It says "manufactured in a facility that uses milk, soy and wheat products. Good manuf. practices are used to prevent introduction of these or any other unlabeled allergens in this product."

CYA. So probably I'm ok, no?

Thanks!

Plumbago

Maybe yes, maybe no - might be worth calling them up and seeing exactly where the wheat is. If it's the same line...could be more of an issue.

Based on my happened ot me, I'd say keep it, but stop eating it for a while, and then intro. it back in. If there's not change, the batch you have is fine. If they don't share lines, then it's more likely that future batches might be okay.

I used a different product of theirs, lots of their oils, and I had to dump my spectrum oils in the end, actually. I was using them fine, and then bought a new bottle for one of them. I didn't connect it at first to why I was feeling crummy all the time. Turns out their oil line processes unfiltered wheat germ oil on it, and because it's unfiltered, that ups the chances of intact gluten being in it.

So I made it through fine once, but not twice. We just gave away all of ours, because I didn't want to get sick, and if it got me once I figured the odds were not good, ya know?

Hi everyone,

Before I give/dump these on a friend, I wanted to see what people thought about whether or not I should continue to consume this flax seed. I say continue because only today did I turn the package around and read (bought the FS before I was diagnosed). It says "manufactured in a facility that uses milk, soy and wheat products. Good manuf. practices are used to prevent introduction of these or any other unlabeled allergens in this product."

CYA. So probably I'm ok, no?

Thanks!

Plumbago

Thank you Shauna! I'm on hold now....

-Plumbago

UPDATE: I got the ole to be on the safe side routine...basically "if you have a severe wheat allergy...." don't consume them in other words! This is so frustrating! Where in the world can I buy gluten-free nuts and seeds in a brick and mortar store??

Nutsonline has a selection of Certified Gluten Free nuts, seeds, flours and candies.

I have used them and have not gotten sick.