This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celiac And Work

Lucydesi

Lucydesi Rookie

Sometimes it seems like all I have the energy for is work. I would like to do more but my job is pretty emotionally demanding so it seems like I don't have much energy for anything else. I do fun things on the weekends sometimes, but wish I could swing more of a social life. I wonder if anyone else struggles with the demands of work and energy levels. I have been gluten-free for 3 years and am much better, but I am really cracking down on small amount such as those trace amounts found in lipstick. My house is completely gluten-free. Any tips on increasing energy?

Thanks so much. :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sb2178 Enthusiast

Making sure that I get enough sleep and maintain high levels of nutrients help. I find that I really need a multimineral and additional magnesium. I've tried dropping both, but it seems like weird sleep patterns and more fatigue pop up within a week or two each time.

Cutting sugar/refined grains in favor of whole grains (preferably unprocessed) and fruit tends to help level out blood sugar so I don't hit the total exhaustion point at the end of the workday. My success in doing that varies!

Can you bring your social life to you instead of going out for it? Meet at the pub around the corner, or rent a movie and make pop corn with a couple of friends instead of heading out a movie. Or low-key things like having afternoon coffee with one or two people. I started an intense job last fall and found that I needed more downtime but also a social life! Fortunately, friends were willing to come to me, and it was fairly easy to just drop by unannounced at couple of people's houses who lived near-by on the Sunday afternoons I was desperate for people and up for it. Have a cup of tea, chat a bit, then head home.

cassP Contributor

i can relate BIG TIME. i have more energy now that im on meds for my thyroid.. but its still not quite there- between the fatigue & anxiety, and then the intestinal pain from additional food intolerances: i spend way too much time confined to my home or bathroom... the remaining energy i have is totally spent at my crappy job (im a massage therapist- and it is STRENOUS labor).

i never have time or energy to clean- my house is just a mess- im thinking i should pay someone to clean it- i dont have the energy or the upper body strength left- forget scrubbing. :(

its really getting old. and i seem to only fit in my exercise on the days off- when if i could do some everyday- it would help me feel better.

Archived