SJD

Hot Dogs And French Fries gluten-free?

Rate this topic

I'm curious what hot dogs are FOR SURE gluten free. We've always done Ball Park Franks and had no problems, but my daughter is going to a school function and they are going to be serving Oscar Mayer all beef hot dogs. I've tried looking on their website, but I'm not having any luck finding out FOR SURE which ones are gluten-free. I'd be interested to know what other brands are also gluten-free as well.

Also, I was told that Ore Ida french fries are gluten-free, but does anyone know if there's a possibility of cross contamination? These will also be served, but I've never done any store bought french fries with my daughter yet, so I'm worried.

Thank you so much!

I'm curious what hot dogs are FOR SURE gluten free. We've always done Ball Park Franks and had no problems, but my daughter is going to a school function and they are going to be serving Oscar Mayer all beef hot dogs. I've tried looking on their website, but I'm not having any luck finding out FOR SURE which ones are gluten-free. I'd be interested to know what other brands are also gluten-free as well.

Also, I was told that Ore Ida french fries are gluten-free, but does anyone know if there's a possibility of cross contamination? These will also be served, but I've never done any store bought french fries with my daughter yet, so I'm worried.

Thank you so much!

The only hot dog that I know of that contained gluten was Nathan's. They have reformulated and they are now gluten free.

Ore Ida's do not contain gluten. But you must check the fryer to make sure that other gluteny foods were not fried in the same oil - thus cross contamination. I probably would not be comfortable with a school fryer. Maybe bring her some chips to go with her hot dog.

We do Applegate Farms hotdogs. They are a little pricy, but I like that they don't have any nitrites in them.

Yes, both Oscar Mayer and ore ida french fries are gluten free.

Wenmin

Thank you everyone! :)

The only hot dog that I know of that contained gluten was Nathan's. They have reformulated and they are now gluten free.

I want to remind newly diagnosed Canadians to check labels carefully. At my local grocery the only gluten-free hot dogs I've been able to find are Maple Leaf Top Dog Angus Beef - and I haven't bought those since last summer, so please check the label.

In the U.S. every single hot dog I know of is for sure gluten-free.

richard