This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Are Your Top 10 Gluten Free Staples ?

BillJ

TB4me2000 Newbie

This is a post I can get into!

Chicken breasts - bone-in for roasting and boneless for sauteeing

Beef - stir-fry ready and ground

gluten-free pasta

Rudi's white bread

White rice

Potatoes. Love 'em.

Chocolate - largely cocoa powder, good bars and chocolate chips for baking

White rice flour - for baking!

Greek yogurt for smoothies

Fruit - OK, fudged this one, but berries, bananas, apples and oranges mostly

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

I distinctly remember there is a group meeting at love2travel's place..and she promised to do pick up at the airport in Edmonton.... Am I right love2travel? :huh: Wasn't that a group meeting?

Well there you go...she posted before I could... :) It's a date! :D

I'll pick up whomever is waiting for me at the Edmonton airport. You're in luck if you get here before 5 PM as I am teaching a yummy cooking class tomorrow. We are making:

Apple Cider Brine for Pork Loin (am making in advance, of course)

Balsamic Ginger Marinade for Shrimp

Honey Scallion Ginger Vinaigrette

Vanilla Bean Vinaigrette

a la Turque Vinaigrette (Turkish with pomegranate molasses, mint, etc.)

Pickled Onion Rings in Rose Water

Honey Apple Cider Vinaigrette with Spiced Walnuts

Caramelized Shallot Vinaigrette

Fig and Stilton Salad with Port Wine Vinaigrette

I've bought a whole bunch of cool greens and fixings to go with the above including endive, frisee, radicchio, various nuts to roast, pears to slice, fresh herbs, dried figs and various cheeses.

Should be delicious! Hopefully the students will love it...sometimes I get nervous about these things.

mushroom Proficient

The following things should have been on my list but I overran my limit anyway :P

Avocado

Asparagus

Eggs

Tuna

Sardines (King Oscar in olive oil)

deezer Apprentice

Grass-Fed Beef

Chicken

Turkey

Rice

Quinoa

Sweet Potato

Potato

Buckwheat

Avocado

Green Vegetables of all types!

etta694 Explorer

I'll pick up whomever is waiting for me at the Edmonton airport. You're in luck if you get here before 5 PM as I am teaching a yummy cooking class tomorrow. We are making:

Apple Cider Brine for Pork Loin (am making in advance, of course)

Balsamic Ginger Marinade for Shrimp

Honey Scallion Ginger Vinaigrette

Vanilla Bean Vinaigrette

a la Turque Vinaigrette (Turkish with pomegranate molasses, mint, etc.)

Pickled Onion Rings in Rose Water

Honey Apple Cider Vinaigrette with Spiced Walnuts

Caramelized Shallot Vinaigrette

Fig and Stilton Salad with Port Wine Vinaigrette

I've bought a whole bunch of cool greens and fixings to go with the above including endive, frisee, radicchio, various nuts to roast, pears to slice, fresh herbs, dried figs and various cheeses.

Should be delicious! Hopefully the students will love it...sometimes I get nervous about these things.

:o :o :o That's me with my mouth dragging on the floor..dribbling all the way

IrishHeart Veteran

Visit? hell, I wanna LIVE at love2 travel's s house :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh boy, ..when my tummy heals, I am sure I'll want to eat all these foods again.... I MISS cooking ( I used to cook like this --with port, sauces, bechamel....etc....but alas, not right now....) and I miss EATING,,,,,I am drooling right now after reading your menu for tonight........seriously...someone had me a paper towel... :lol:

Irish begins booking flight to Edmonton... for the Fall...... B)

IrishHeart Veteran

what are larabars?

To answer your question, Larabars are made with dates, nuts, dried fruits, some are made with coconut, chocolate...gluten-free and dairy free, soy free...and yummy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

what are larabars?

Open Original Shared Link

Fire Fairy Enthusiast

1) Udi's Bread

2) Almond milk (I have a dairy problem too)

3) Dried Beans

4) Lara Bars or Kind Bars

5) Dr Mcdougall's Tortilla or Spring Onion soup (for lunch at work)

6) Corn Chips

7) Dr Lucy's Cookies

8) Amy's Medium Vegetable Chili

9) Amy's gluten-free Dairy free frozen dinners

10) Bananas

BillJ Rookie

I tried my first Lara bar last night. It was the Coconut Creme pie one and all I can say is ..YUMMMMMMM!! Perfect ! At least I know I have a treat that is tasty to fall back on ! My wife has been so wonderful since I have started this this week.She has been testing recipes so the whole family can take part and support me ....Means alot she is taking part even though she doesnt have to eat this way. I am one lucky guy ....

Archived