Rate this topic

I have a hard time getting my daughter to take her vitmains. And I do feel that she needs to take them. The Dr. said especially she needs more vitamin D. She will drink vitamin water once in a while and I let her have the sugar free kind.

She was taking Mega Teen. But I bought so many bottles, they expired before she took them all. Had she been taking them nightly like she should have, well... They'd be long gone. But I am lucky if I can get her to take them once a week.

I order most of my supplements from Swanson's so when I placed my last order I got her some vitamins called Power Teen. But when they came and I read what is in them, I was disappointed. They seem to be very lacking percentage-wise.

I take the Kirkland multiples for adults. They're cheap and Consumer Reports rated them as being very complete.

I was wondering if I could just give her those? She is almost my height and weight. She is 12. Will be 13 in July.

What (if anything)do you give your teens?

I don't have a teen, but I have always been very picky about vitamins myself. I think because a lot of them made me queasy before I went gluten-free. Anyway, I started taking the gummy vitamins from Vita-Fusion. I get them at Costco, and they taste really good. There's definitely better vitamins out there, but if I don't take those better vitamins every day and I do take these every day, I figure I'm coming out ahead.

Hope you can find something that works for your daughter!

I don't have a teen either but for vitamin D3, I buy Bluebonnet from my local health food store. It's a yummy raspberry-flavored chewable and they have it in both 1,000 and 2,000 IU's.

I don't have a teen, but I have always been very picky about vitamins myself. I think because a lot of them made me queasy before I went gluten-free. Anyway, I started taking the gummy vitamins from Vita-Fusion. I get them at Costco, and they taste really good. There's definitely better vitamins out there, but if I don't take those better vitamins every day and I do take these every day, I figure I'm coming out ahead.

Hope you can find something that works for your daughter!

Thanks. I have tried various gummies but Angela hates gummy things. She will swallow pills though.

I don't have a teen either but for vitamin D3, I buy Bluebonnet from my local health food store. It's a yummy raspberry-flavored chewable and they have it in both 1,000 and 2,000 IU's.

I've never heard of that but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't take them. She has nixed any chewable I've ever bought for her. Even as a small child. She has been swallowing pills since she was 2.

I have the same problem with my teenage son. He just doesn't want to take the vitamins. I have started connecting it to things he wants to do. Wanna go to the movies this weekend? Give me a weeks worth of taking your vitamins without complaining. Want a $50 pay per view UFC fight and have your friends over? That better be worth a month of taking your vitamins without complaining.

I use Nature Made brand of vitamins- they say gluten free on the bottles and I haven't had any problem with them.

I have the same problem with my teenage son. He just doesn't want to take the vitamins. I have started connecting it to things he wants to do. Wanna go to the movies this weekend? Give me a weeks worth of taking your vitamins without complaining. Want a $50 pay per view UFC fight and have your friends over? That better be worth a month of taking your vitamins without complaining.

I use Nature Made brand of vitamins- they say gluten free on the bottles and I haven't had any problem with them.

Thanks! Are they made specifically for teens? Or do you use the adult ones?

Oh, I forgot to address that part. I use the one for adults, and I have been giving my son adult dose vitamins since he was 10. I haven't seen a Nature Made formula specifically for teens but there may be one. I checked with the Dr. and the pharmacist and both thought the adult dose was fine as long as he could swallow the pills. Since your daughter is 12 I would think it would be ok to give her adult vitamins, but just give a quick call to her Dr. and/or your pharmacist to be sure. ;)

Oh, I forgot to address that part. I use the one for adults, and I have been giving my son adult dose vitamins since he was 10. I haven't seen a Nature Made formula specifically for teens but there may be one. I checked with the Dr. and the pharmacist and both thought the adult dose was fine as long as he could swallow the pills. Since your daughter is 12 I would think it would be ok to give her adult vitamins, but just give a quick call to her Dr. and/or your pharmacist to be sure. ;)

Thanks! She has been on the adult dose of medicines for a couple of years now because of her size. I just didn't know if the RDA for vitamins was different for teens. But if she could take the same vitamins that I do, that would help a great deal. The Costco vitmamins are cheap!