glutenfr3309

Food For Life Brown Rice Wraps (U.s.)

Rate this topic

Just curious- has anyone had a problem with Food for Life Brown Rice wraps?

I'm assuming they are made on shared equipment or the same facility based on all of their non-gluten free products...

something made me sick last night and these are the only questionable thing that can be causing it or dairy is becoming a problem for me (after 1 year gluten-free).

I never reacted to them, but I stopped eating them after they were recalled by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency last October for gluten contamination. I'll never eat them again.

Yes, I had a reaction to them. It was most certainly a gluten reaction. They use Barley water in some of their other products. They deny that these have barley water but I think they do and they just test below the 20 ppm threshold. Regardless of whether they have gluten on purpose or accidental cc, they made me very sick. I ate them twice in the same week before I figured it out (the worst of my reaction was delayed by a couple days). I wrote to the company to complain and never heard anything back. I'm NEVER buying anything made by FFL again.

thanks for the responses. guess i'll be throwing out the last few i have. it's so hard for me to pinpoint what bothers me but i'm thinking it was those. i had one for dinner the other night and then lunch yesterday. i feel better today but i definitely had some of the intestinal symptoms that i used to get with gluten...a bad stomach ache where it feels like someone is squeezing my intestines nonstop. back to re-evaluating everything i eat!