GFshay

Conference In Montreal

Rate this topic

I'm traveling to Montreal for a conference and need some help finding restaurants that are easy to order at (I'm going to be with coworkers who may not be planning far enough ahead for me to call and everything). I'm staying at the Hilton Bonaventure near the conference center downtown, and they were awesome on the phone and promised to have options for me (including getting gluten-free bread!). Nonetheless, I'd like some other choices too.

I'll have a fridge & microwave... anyone know of nearby grocery stores that might be useful?

Thanks in advance!

I'm traveling to Montreal for a conference and need some help finding restaurants that are easy to order at (I'm going to be with coworkers who may not be planning far enough ahead for me to call and everything). I'm staying at the Hilton Bonaventure near the conference center downtown, and they were awesome on the phone and promised to have options for me (including getting gluten-free bread!). Nonetheless, I'd like some other choices too.

I'll have a fridge & microwave... anyone know of nearby grocery stores that might be useful?

Thanks in advance!

I was in Montreal for two days last month. We ate out twice. There is a chain of restaurants called Pizza Pizza and they have gluten free pizza and toppings. It was very inexpensive and the pizza was good and we didn't get sick. It was not a fancy place at all, just a few tables and you order at the counter. We also had some crepes at the Creperie du Marche at the Jean Talon Marche. It was a bit out of the way from where you are staying but for us it was worth it to have some great crepes! Hope that helps!

Thanks in advance!

Wow sounds like the hotel is being accommodating - that is great!

I was just in Montreal last week and ate at a St.Huberts - an informal chicken and ribs place. The staff there was very knowledgable and I was able to get the chicken - with no sauce baked potatoe and their traditional cole slaw - all with no problems. There are St Huberts all over the place in montreal. Not sure on the grocery store - we found a great gluten free store but it was in Longueil - not downtown.

Hope you have a good conference - and safe eating!!