jay88

Can Not Gain Weight Need Advice :(

Rate this topic

I have been gluten free now for 6 months since my diagnosis in Aug 10 I have discovered im reactent to gluten, eggs, milk, oranges, Soy, and sugar. Shopping is so hard for me here in the uk, eating 'fast snacks' while out the house is near impossibleand so frustrating when im so hungary. My weight has been constantly declining before my diagnosis I was a healthy figure weighing 12 stone and now I look a frail figure weighing 10 stone.I take Vegan multivitamins and omega 3 + 6 tablets.

Has anyone overcome weight loss issues? If so could you give me some advice on how to put on the pounds!

Thank you James

Get a stylish insulated bag and carry food with you. It's been a life saver for me. Nuts and avocados are helpful. Almonds are high in calories, easy to take with you, and a quick snack. Stick to the whole foods, and schedule your life around meals. You cannot do the fast foods anymore. You have no other options I am afraid than to bring your bag with you, and eat lots. Eat 5-6 times a day! Fruits, juices, nuts, dark meats, dark green veggies are your best bet.

Hi, I had (have) the same issue.

I would highly recommend trying to find a protein drink that you can have every morning and maybe again in the afternoon as a calorie supplement. This has been the only way I've been able to maintain my weight.

I get an organic supplement shipped to me by the case from Amazon monthly (I subscribed to shipments so I don't forget!) and I drink one right when I get up, and then another when I'm feeling like an afternoon snack.

These are the drinks I use:

http://www.drinkorgain.com/

(I'm not a rep, I swear...these have just been a life saver)

I sympathise--gaining with this diet is super difficult!

good luck.

Has anyone overcome weight loss issues? If so could you give me some advice on how to put on the pounds!

Thank you James

The UK has such great retailers (M&S, Tesco, etc.) that have an abundance of beef, pork and lambs. Not to mention all of the great seafood from the north Atlantic.

My suggestion to add a LEAN animal protein to everyone of your meals. (Breakfast, lunch and dinner). And from my visit to the UK in January, the aforementioned retailers deals on all of their prepared meals up front (Shrimp salads, Chicken items, pork items, beef items, tuna items).

When thinking of adding muscle/weight think of ADDING animal protein. It works.

I had lost about 35 pounds in about 3-4 months but finally starting to level off and not lose anymore. I eat alot of meat, rice, veggies and fruit. This forum taught me to increase my protean and not worry so much about cals, that helped me feel much better and the weight is starting to slowly come back. Throw in a couple ensures and high protein snacks between meals throughout the day and you should start to be on the right track imo. Try not to stress, enjoy life, exercise and remember things could be worse. That is what I am trying to do, as hard as it is some days, and it helps. good luck.

This forum taught me to increase my protean and not worry so much about cals, that helped me feel much better

Amen

Amen

Amen

(Repeat)

I lost around 10-15kg over a number of years prior celiac diagnosis (5kg in the last 6 months, so am concerned about recovering the weight. Its taken me a while to get a couple fo kg back, probabaly because I have made a number of mistakes on the way with cross contanimation, reactions to other foods. However managing how and when you eat diet is a conscious effort over and above the process of working out just what you can eat. For snacking I go with fruit, boiled potatoes, hard boiled eggs, gluten-free breads. Easy to prepare, carry, consume and are good for you.

For lunch and dinner, I cook and freeze for the week. Mince with variety of veg, slow cooked, and a slow cook of lamb shanks also with veg. I freeze these with brown rice and thaw them out for lunch (mostyly), sometimes will cook dinner fresh. This way I spend the time making 10 meals that I would have spent making a single meal. Even if I cook fresh, I up the quantity and freeze a couple more. I use wide variety of veg, reds, greens, spuds, etc.

Once you are certain of what foods you are OK, I belive you have to make a conscious effort to avoid meals becoming either unnutritious or onerous.