dube

Salsa, Vinegar

Rate this topic

Okay, salsa is not for me...I ate it and had a problem with it. It stated it was gluten free, brand: Spikes, all natural. I really think I'm having a problem with vinegar, which was in the ingredients. It doesnt even matter if it's distilled or not. I seem to be having a problem.

Okay, salsa is not for me...I ate it and had a problem with it. It stated it was gluten free, brand: Spikes, all natural. I really think I'm having a problem with vinegar, which was in the ingredients. It doesnt even matter if it's distilled or not. I seem to be having a problem.

You may have an issue with grain based vinegar. A few here do. Or maybe you have not healed enough to handle the acid and spice.

Or nightshades...tomato, and peppers are in the nightshade family. It could be temporary.

I seem to have a problem with wishbone salad dressing (vinegar)....pickles and ketchup....has to be the vinegar. Hope this goes away, cause that would be a pain!

I seem to have a problem with wishbone salad dressing (vinegar)....pickles and ketchup....has to be the vinegar. Hope this goes away, cause that would be a pain!

How long have you been gluten free?

I started six months ago, however with lots of mistakes! Last month I glutened myself about five times...three of them at Applebee's (never again!)

If you are in the healing process, you may react to foods which do not contain gluten. You are reacting because of the pre-existing damage in your intestine, not to the particular food. Vinegar is highly acidic and may provoke a reaction. When the single word "vinegar" appears in an ingredient list in North America it is almost always distilled apple cider vinegar. Without question, it is distilled.

Thanks everyone. I took a swig the other day of Heinz "apple cider vinager", yes I know "nuts" and also yuk...but I didnt have a problem....I'm call ing the company, cause I think I'm having a problem with regular vinager!

Okay called, some guy got on the phone and said "corn vinager"...what? Okay, I've never heard of that, has anyone???