Scott Adams

Several choices for gluten-free beer - Florida Times-Union (blog)

Rate this topic

Several choices for gluten-free beer

Florida Times-Union (blog)

If you're a beer drinker with celiac disease, I hope you had an opportunity to read Roger Bull's and Ed Stansel's "Amber Waves" column in today's Times-Union, where they give their review of six gluten-free beers. I tasted the same six beers, ...

and more »

View the full article

Being a budweiser guy, I tried redbridge recently and found it to be ok, nothing great. The price was abit high for me, around $10 for a six pack of bottles. I am curious what others opinions are of the gluten-free beers. The best tasting, best price, worse overall... Its tough out there for a gluten-free beer drinker.

Being a budweiser guy, I tried redbridge recently and found it to be ok, nothing great. The price was abit high for me, around $10 for a six pack of bottles. I am curious what others opinions are of the gluten-free beers. The best tasting, best price, worse overall... Its tough out there for a gluten-free beer drinker.

Consider yourself lucky. With the taxes here in Atlantic Canada, I pay about $18 for a six pack of gluten-free. I would have to say that the best gluten-free beer I had was called New Planet made in Boulder CO. I got to try it on a trip there. Wish it was available here.

New Grist is tasty. It had a very hops-y flavor...it was almost like a good micro-brew with a shot of sake in it. If you're a Bud guy, I don't know if you'll like it or not. I'm actually going to pick up a 6-pack of Bard's this weekend when I'm in East Lansing...I'll try to remember to post about it.