This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Is Percocet Gluten Free?

Tigercat17

Tigercat17 Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if the brand name of Percocet is gluten free? Or even the generic form? I'm having a hard time finding out who the manufacturer of the generic form is. Anyone know? I'm having surgery on Monday, so I just want to be prepared.

Thanks you all! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

Hi Lisa,

here's a list you can check!

Open Original Shared Link

Tigercat17 Enthusiast

Hi Lisa,

here's a list you can check!

Open Original Shared Link

Thanks Ginny,

I did see that, but I just wondered if anyone had any recent information. Sometimes I don't trust the glutenfreedrugs.com.

Anyway, seems like I was wrong about me being hyperthyroid when I posted bout it 4 weeks ago. My endo lowered my dose, but I still was having night sweats, low grad night fevers, abdominal and back tenderness and just feeling very tried. And I was feeling so good for six months. So I went to my oncology doctor and he ordered another CT scan for my enlarged lymph nodes and they are now 1 cm bigger than they were two months ago. So now he wants to get them biopsied on Monday. It came up rather fast. I just had the CT scan done 3 days ago and I found out to day they wanted to have the surgery on Monday. I'm trying not too think about it too much. I'm not feeling good enough to try to stress about it. I just want them to figure it out. The doctors think it's either lymphoma or another autoimmune disease. Neither one sounds good to me. But if it is a lymphoma, they told me it's at it's beginning stage and it's very treatable. I'll have to post about this on another section when I get a chance and have more energy. I really wondered how many of us have been through this. Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers!

Thanks Ginny! :)

mushroom Proficient

Oh my gosh, I do wish you the bestest of luck in this. My thoughts and prayers are with you, but I know you will come through this just fine.:)

IrishHeart Veteran

My prayers, thoughts and good wishes for you, Lisa! You are one courageous woman!! Hang in there!!

Tigercat17 Enthusiast

Oh my gosh, I do wish you the bestest of luck in this. My thoughts and prayers are with you, but I know you will come through this just fine.:)

Thanks for the prayers and for being so positive! It really helps! :)

Tigercat17 Enthusiast

My prayers, thoughts and good wishes for you, Lisa! You are one courageous woman!! Hang in there!!

Thanks Ginny! You are so sweet! I need all the prayers I can get! :)

I just wanted to tell you all I did call the Endo Pharmaceutical company yesterday. They make the brand name Percocet. The rep did tell me that they don't add gluten to the product, but they couldn't confirm wither the product is made on shared lines or not and more less couldn't guarantee it's completely gluten free. A women named Marget really gave me a hard time. It was like pulling teeth for the information. I called early Friday morning and she said she was going to call me back, but never did. So I called them again and they told me they won't be able to give me that information until Monday -well Monday I'm having surgery and that's too late. I couldn't believe they didn't have this information in their system. Then they told me I should have called earlier to do more research. Well- I didn't know I was going to have surgery on Monday until Thursday evening, so how could've I called any earlier??? Sorry, I just have to vent... I'm just so fustrated... :ph34r: And I even called my pharmacy to find out about their generic brands and the rep told them that they could be CC because they are made on the same lines with gluten. I really don't do well on any other pain pills and Percocet was always the one that worked for me so it looks like I'm stuck with it even though there may be a chance of CC. :( What the heck is wrong with these companies???? I guess my plan is now to just take the brand name Percocet and if I have reactions I'll have to stop them and call my doctor for something else or just take plain old Motrin... I'm such a baby... I don't like pain.... :(

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks everyone!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

BillJ Rookie

I have been on percocet and Oxycontin for years and have not had any problem with gluten ...I have always had the generic percocet and both name and generic oxi ...I checked with the pharmacist and the said it was gluten free but there is no way to guarantee CC ..I think you should call the Pharmaceutical company and file a complaint with the manager about the lack of compassion their customer service reps showed you ..That is just not acceptable ...I wish you the best and you will be fine ...How could you not be with your whole celiac family praying for you ? :)

Tigercat17 Enthusiast

I have been on percocet and Oxycontin for years and have not had any problem with gluten ...I have always had the generic percocet and both name and generic oxi ...I checked with the pharmacist and the said it was gluten free but there is no way to guarantee CC ..I think you should call the Pharmaceutical company and file a complaint with the manager about the lack of compassion their customer service reps showed you ..That is just not acceptable ...I wish you the best and you will be fine ...How could you not be with your whole celiac family praying for you ? :)

HI BillyJ,

Thanks so much! You are so kind! :) Do you know the name of the company that your pharmacy uses for the generic Percocet that you used? I heard there are quite a few. I called my pharmacy and the company they use is Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals. The pharmacy said they called them and the rep told them that they don't put gluten in there percocet, but they are made on the same lines that gluten products are made on. I'm very sensitive and I know I would probably have a reaction to them since I can't eat anything made on shared lines. Does that company sound familiar to you or is your from a differnet company?

Thanks so much for all your help!!!

Archived