MitziG

From Iowa- And So Happy To Have Found This Site!

Rate this topic

My 7 yr old son was diagnosed with Celiacs a few weeks ago after two years of constant stomach pain. My daughter and I have had positive blood tests and are having biopsies done next week to confirm, but as we have both had alot of symptoms I am pretty sure it will be positive as well. I have been doing tons of research since my son's diagnosis and have found so much helpful information on this site in particular! It is such a relief to know there are so many other people dealing with the same weird health issues I have always had. I have never had any real help from medical doctors- they make me feel like a hypochondriac and tell me I am just depressed. Well, I AM depressed- cuz I feel so lousy!! Just knowing that there may be a valid explanation for why I feel this way, and even better, a possible solution that DOESN'T involve tons of drugs is so fantastic. I know my doctor thinks I am a nutball because I am so enthusiastic about having a celiac diagnosis! He keeps going on and on about how awful it is to live that way...but he has no clue how awful it is to live THIS way!! Anyway, I am just so grateful to have found others who can empathize with my situation and look forward to learning from you all. (Of course, if my biopsy comes back negative, I am probably going to fall into a deep depression and pull the covers over my head for the next 50 years...) ;)

Glad you have found us. Welcome!