Lockheed

Soluable Fiber Supplement

Rate this topic

Looking for a recommendation for a fiber supplement that is gluten free, soy free and spinach free. I really am working on increasing my veggies in my diet to resolve this issue naturally, but in the mean time I figure a supplement could help me out until I get better with veggies in my diet.

As you probably know, soluble fiber is found in fruits and veggies-- and commercially produced supplements for those of us who went from living with chronic D to the C. arrgh, right??!!

Citrucel, (not the sugar-free version, though because that has aspartame in it :angry: ) is gluten-free, soy free and dairy free.

Also, plain psyllium works well.

Make sure you drink a LOT of water with these products so they can bind and produce the effect I assume you are looking for ?? :lol:

Hope this helps!

It is my understanding these products do have gluten in them. Mind you it is less than 20ppm which is the standard in the US. I don't know about you but I want zero gluten. I have read there is an apple fiber psyllium that has zero gluten made by NOW.

It is my understanding these products do have gluten in them. Mind you it is less than 20ppm which is the standard in the US. I don't know about you but I want zero gluten. I have read there is an apple fiber psyllium that has zero gluten made by NOW.

Really? ..well, of course I want ZERO gluten! :)

I am just confused because there is nothing added to plain psyllium fiber ?? are you saying there is a CC issue?

and the Citrucel is specifically listed in the book by Dr. Matison called Gluten/Casein/Soy Free Shopping Guide. I have read the product ingredients several times and see nothing there that is a gluten product or wheat derivative.

You would think she would SAY these products have <20ppm wouldn't you? Gosh, I've been using that guide for a while.

here's a link that states it is gluten free and allergen free.

http://www.citrucel.com/Ch2_Benefits.aspx

I did some reading on the apple pectin and that seems to be the way to go for me. I'll see if I can't find something at the grocery store or pharmacy near by. Otherwise I'll order the NOW brand on amazon. Thanks for the info.

I did some reading on the apple pectin and that seems to be the way to go for me. I'll see if I can't find something at the grocery store or pharmacy near by. Otherwise I'll order the NOW brand on amazon. Thanks for the info.

Maybe I'll do some reading on it myself. I'm not wild about all the chemicals in the citrucel anyway. I have only used it in times of despair ;) Thanks for raising the topic in the first place. Hope it resolves your problem.