GlutenGladi8or

Summer Salads (Gluten Free Of Course)

Rate this topic

The thermometer went over 70 degrees yesterday, so I had summer salad on my mind. This is SO easy to make and extremely delicious. Give it a try!

Watermelon, Feta, and Mint Salad

adapted from Bon App

The thermometer went over 70 degrees yesterday, so I had summer salad on my mind. This is SO easy to make and extremely delicious. Give it a try!

adapted from Bon App

adapted from Bon App

Are you buying a Balsamic glaze? or is that when you add a little sugar & reduce it on the stove for 20 minutes?

I found the balsamic glaze at a local independent store. Forget to say that (whoops)

Just make sure that it's gluten free.

PS - It tastes even better the day after you make it. That feta-mint combination is amazing.

I make a yummy pasta salad. No actual recipe. It contains tri-color quinoa pasta, cooked, rinsed and cooled. Then grape tomatoes, sliced green onion, olives, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, cucumbers and radishes, sliced, baby carrots, sliced celery and any other raw veggies you like. Cubes of Swiss cheese and slices of hard salami cut into strips are also good in here. Dressed with Italian dressing.

We also like raw corn salad. Just fresh sweet corn cut from the cob mixed with canned black or kidney beans, sliced green onion, chopped tomato, chopped peppers, cilantro and a little salt. Can use hot peppers if you like them.

We also like raw corn salad. Just fresh sweet corn cut from the cob mixed with canned black or kidney beans, sliced green onion, chopped tomato, chopped peppers, cilantro and a little salt. Can use hot peppers if you like them.

Costco has a bag of frozen fire roasted corn kernels. This past Saturday, we simply heated on the stove at a low temperature, added the juice of 2 limes, dash of sea salt and then hot sauce. So tasty!

Although your recipe sounds even more delicious. I'll try it this weekend.

Costco has a bag of frozen fire roasted corn kernels.

I will try these. I like to make a salad with grilled corn, chicken, whatever and use salsa for a very low- cal dressing.

adapted from Bon App

That certainly is a combination I haven't yet tried...watermelon and feta cheese. I think I shall give this a try!

I like to throw one salad meal in my regular weekly menu. Sometimes its just "salad bar night" and sometimes its more of a prepared salad.

I think your watermelon salad will be a keeper, but I have to wait until watermelon is in season around here. Thanks for sharing.

This week we're doing an Italian salad w/ pepperoni, mozzerella and black olives.