kokua55

Gluten Free/ Friendly In Las Vegas!

Rate this topic

Hi all!

I'm in my mid 20's and will be finally going to Vegas! I'm really concerned about where to eat that's not going to cost me an arm and a leg. Anyone know of any good places that cater to gluten allergies?? I also have an egg allergy so sometimes that makes it even harder. Thanks so much for any feedback!!!

Hi there,

Someone actually posted about their Las Vegas Trip back in Nov this year which might be helpful. The subject was Las Vegas Experience.

Have fun!!

Go to the more upscale buffets especially for lunch (cheaper than dinner per person). I'm not sure if you're a seafood lover or carnivore, but us Celiacs can THRIVE at these! Tons of salad bar items, roast beef, roasted pork, seafood, turkey breast, chicken breast, etc. Just watch out for the sides.

And, many of the signs on the buffet will clearly spell out vegetarian and gluten-free options. Same in the dessert section, but I have found their fresh fruit to be very ripe and tasty as well.

Bellagio is worth the trip for lunch.

I have to go to Las Vegas quite frequently for business (about 4 times a year). I have stayed at several different hotels from the main strip to the old strip. I have never had a bad experience. All of the resturants are pretty well versed in food "allergies" and gluten free. I find reaturants to be a bit easier than buffets. Don't hesitate to ask if they have Gluten free and egg free options. All resturants that I have eaten at that did not have a gluten free menu or options were more than willing to ask the chef to make anything I want to order. Examples: at small cafe in Flamingo made me a naked (sans bun)surloin burger with mushrooms and cheese with tomato, lettuce and onions on side (like a salad) and any sauce or dressing I wanted on the side at no extra charge. Mexican resturant at New York, New York double checked everything and helped me walk through the menu for tacos and enchiladas. Italian resturant at Rio made me a gluten-free eggplant "parmigana" made with rice and potato flour.

Best meal I ever had in Vegas was at Emeril's at MGM. Chef came to our table of 14 and took my order personally, ribeye, garlic potatoes and seasoned steamed veggies and then made me a special dessert of a gluten-free brownie and lavender ice cream (to die for}.

For gluten-free in Vegas it's easy, just speak up. They are very well versed in helping all types of diet issues.

BTW, I'm going to LV May 18-21 for the Hospitality Design Show.