katiekay

Fried Food Idea?

Rate this topic

any idea how to make this gluten free? what is the rule with replacing flour with perhaps cornstarch? 1:1 or something else...

LONG JOHN SILVER BATTER

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,165,158161-239200,00.html

Content Copyright

and also if you have a better idea... I am looking for something fluffy and yummy.

any idea how to make this gluten free? what is the rule with replacing flour with perhaps cornstarch? 1:1 or something else...

LONG JOHN SILVER BATTER

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,165,158161-239200,00.html

Content Copyright

I would not use cornstarch. I would use glutinous rice flour (which does not have gluten it is just made from the sticky rice). That or an all-purpose gluten-free flour mix. I have used the gluten-free bisquick for making chicken fried steak and it was pretty good.

That's what I'd use too. AKA sweet rice flour.

I made my two girls (ages 15 months and 4 years) fried chicken the other night and used a cornmeal breading. I put the chicken in a frying pan will a light coating of olive oil on the bottom to brown it and give it a little crunch and then I finished cooking it through in a 450 degree oven. I don't measure ingredients usually, but I used about 3 cups of cornmeal, 1/2 c of Betty Crocker instant mashed potato buds, and just a touch of onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper. I also just used the juice from the chicken to make it stick. I had put it all in a ziploc bag and used it like shake and bake.