anna34

Feeling Hungry And Tired

Rate this topic

OK, so my daughter has celiac and was diagnosed through biopsy about a month ago. I chose to start the diet with her two weeks ago after my TTG came back "borderline" and was told I didn't need any more testing. So, I guess I'm self-diagnosed, but don't know if I have celiac or if it's intolerance. Either way, I've decided to remain gluten-free because I've had more and more energy each day and my mood has improved significantly.

However, I'm hungry ALL THE TIME despite eating healthier meals than I ever did before and snacking on fruit and nuts. Also, I've been very fatigued for a few days. I'm craving carbs, but trying really hard not to go crazy eating the pre-packaged gluten-free snack foods.

Is it possible that I'm suddenly feeling "withdrawal" from gluten after two weeks of feeling great? Or, are there certain foods I should eat to feel full for longer? Is there another possible explanation for hunger and fatigue 2 weeks in?

I'm not sure. I know my first three days were HORRIBLE. And, really, the first week. But I did a MAJOR diet overhaul. Not only did I get rid of gluten, I got rid of most of my refined sugars and carbs. I stuck mostly to fruits, veggies, rice, and meat. I had some major withdrawal issues, but I think it really had more to do with the sugars and carbs than anything else.

I was starving for several months. I decided that my body finally realized I wasn't poisoning it and started begging for all the nutrition that it was missing.