chili

Gluten Free Bread

Rate this topic

Is it possible for a celiac to have a reaction to gluten free bread, that is made is a strictly gluten free bakery?

It's highly unlikely but anything is possible. Maybe you reacted to something else in the bread, soy or dairy or something. What kind was it? It could have been something that you put on the bread. What did you eat on the bread?

Yes, it is possible. But most gluten free bakeries are very careful and if they are totally gluten free then they have no need to have gluten filled products in their bakery. If they do serve other gluten products then there would be a possibility of cross-contamination occurring. My recommendation would be to talk to the bakery. If they consider service an important element of their business then they would welcome your input. :)

I put gluten free /vegan free lactose free becel margarine.. the bakery that I go to is strictly gluten free. the owner has celiac as well.

it doesn't sound possible than as the owner would not have gluten products. did you bring it home to eat? maybe something in your home? if you have gluten eaters there it is possible.

It sounds more likely to be a reaction to an ingredient in the bread or the spread. If you know the ingredients in these, it might help to list them. Many on this board experience similar reactions from other things as they do from gluten.