Rate this topic

I have a reciepe that calls for "potato starch flour", when I went to go buy some different flours I could find "potato starch" and "potato flour" is "potato starch flour" something completly different?

I was going to buy the potato starch but thought I'd ask here first. Too many different things to learn. lol

They are completely different things. However, tapioca starch and flour are the same thing. A bit confusing! :huh:

That recipe for potato starch flour is really confusing the issue. It should state either potato starch or potato flour. The way they listed it is just leaving you guessing which they mean. Potato flour is normally used in very small amounts, so if it says 1/2 cup potato starch flour, they probably mean potato starch.

I would buy potato starch.

Potato flour is not something used very often and then only in very small amounts. It's a really heavy flour with a definite potato flavor.

It definitely means potato starch.

richard

Thanks so much, yes it is very confusing :unsure:

One of the things in the same recipe book is to make a gluten-free flour mix that I wanted to mix up and it also calls for Potato starch flour as well as rice flour and tapioca flour. I will go with the potato starch then.

Thanks again :)