This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Colonoscopy, Gastroscopy, And Surgery...

healinginprogress

healinginprogress Enthusiast

Had my appointment with the colorectal surgeon today and she decided I should get a colonoscopy and a gastroscopy to make sure there's nothing else going on down there. I also have rectal prolapse (part of my colon comes out when I go to the bathroom), which I learned can be linked to malabsorption and malnutrition, as well as always straining and pushing, etc. And for that...I need surgery.

I'm glad that they're taking care of everything. But I'm not gonna lie...I'm a little scared. I'm especially scared for the amount of time I'll have to take off work.

I'm so overwhelmed with everything :(

Plus...I'm 29 for crying out loud! WTF?! It's so frustrating! I know I should be grateful that these things are being taken care of now, but it's just so crazy! I feel too young to be having bum surgery LOL I'm just so angry, depressed, sad, anxious, tired of it all!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mushroom Proficient

I said to someone the other day, Who said "life's a breeze"? And she said, Nobody. Life's a b*tch, and then you die :lol: Well, it's really not that bad, although sometimes it seems it is. You just have to navigate your way through the bad parts as best you can, and pretty soon the storm has passed and you are sailing in smoother waters. :D

I am sorry that you have to have bum surgery, that is a bummer :P but it does not sound like an insurmountable problem. It's natural to be scared about these things though. Do you have any kind of support system to help you through this hard time? You sound like you need a hand to hold :) If not, we will hold your hand for you - feel free to express all your fears and problems and we will try to see you through.

But do hang in there; this as you say is a good thing to happen early so you can get it out of the way and move on. Have you resolved your constipation problems so that you will not be putting too much pressure on the incision? Also, I am glad she is going to do a colonoscopy and gastroscopy to check everything out ahead of time. A wise doctor.

So be strong hon, and know we are all here for you and with you. {{{{{hugs}}}}} And you can hold my hand any time.

healinginprogress Enthusiast

Thanks, mushroom. I know I'll be okay, just a lot to process. I actually had a really great day today, had energy, felt positive, it was wonderful. I hope more days like this will follow.

And guess what? Today marks month 2 of gluten-free (though it feels SOOOO much longer, wow!)!!!! I'm on the right track.

bonnie blue Explorer

So sorry to hear about your surgery, I am sending good thoughts your way. B) Congrats on the two months gluten free!!! Good for you, and last I love your picture!!!!

Archived