Kimbalou

Alber's Quick Grits...are They gluten-free?

Rate this topic

I've been trying to find the answer, but it isn't clear to me. On the box it says "processed in a facility that contains wheat"

Do you eat these? Are they ok? I bought some...wondering now if I should have!!

Hello?? So does anyone here eat these??

I've been trying to find the answer, but it isn't clear to me. On the box it says "processed in a facility that contains wheat"

Do you eat these? Are they ok? I bought some...wondering now if I should have!!

I am one of those "grits eaters". LOL. Even though I grow up in the north, with my dad being from the south we had grits for breakfast a lot. Love them. I had grits one morning and had a reaction. I think it was Quaker quick grits. I would say not to eat them if it says "processed in a facility that contains wheat", it sounds like you would be taking a big chance of being gluten and most likely wouldn't win. I think someone in the past talked about a safe grits but I don't remember. I would like to know what some safe brands of grits would be also. I need to purchase some in the future.

I don't know about Alber's either. I contacted Quacker and they said they guarentee any of their products even the corn grits are gluten free because of the factory thing are processed in. Bob's Red Mill has gluten-free corn grits.