waterlily_

Baked Doughnuts Recipe?

Rate this topic

I'm looking for a baked doughnuts recipe as I don't have a deep fryer. I've seen it done before with ap flour but not gluten free. Does anyone have one?

Thanks!

Take a small, 8" cast iron skillet dedicated to making gluten free foods, and put a generous amount of oil in it, and make a gluten free pancake with extra sweetener. You can base it on this buckwheat recipe (sans egg)

or make an almond meal or an almond meal/sorghum/amaranth pancake with egg, see here:

for a pancake, it would be about a half cup total of either almond meal, or almond/amaranth/sorghum, with one egg and the liquid adjusted to make a pancake type batter. You can either flip it or finish it under the broiler.

Or even a Pamela's gluten free mix pancake with extra sugar/sweetener would work.

Now, after the pancake is done, remove from pan, let cool just enough you don't burn your fingers, and cut in half or cut slits in it, and insert a piece of very high quality dark chocolate. Or a little dab of cream cheese (or dairy free cream cheese) that has been sweetened. You can also sprinkle the top with powdered sugar. It also can be made with artificial sweeteners or substitutes for those who cannot do much sugars.

The taste will be VERY close to that of a fresh doughnut.