Marc49

Bread Machine Question

Rate this topic

I have tried this once before, but got no responses so I figured I would try again since some time has passed.

I am the one that gripes about mainly the bread choices we have. Most everything else I can live with.

Has ANYONE here ever tried this 'Bready' machine that is advertised on the site?

Granted it isn't cheap, but it looks like even a kid could make bread with it.

I also see they have all kinds of mixes, including pizza crust.

Surely someone has bought one and has an opinion on the machine and/or the mixes! :rolleyes:

Looks like a repeat of before!! B)

Nobody has tried one?

I hate to be a guinea pig!

Don't blame you...it's an expensive bread machine and you have to use their own (also expensive) mixes. Have you looked at any other brands? Like the top-rated Zojirushi?

Don't blame you...it's an expensive bread machine and you have to use their own (also expensive) mixes. Have you looked at any other brands? Like the top-rated Zojirushi?

Actually Sylvia I have not.

I don't mind the price per se if it's worth it, but you filled me in on something I didn't know.

I had no idea you were 'stuck' with only their mixes,.....that is a big negative to me.

I will check out the one you mentioned. It just seemed like this thing would be SO easy to use and to clean.

Actually Sylvia I have not.

I don't mind the price per se if it's worth it, but you filled me in on something I didn't know.

I had no idea you were 'stuck' with only their mixes,.....that is a big negative to me.

I will check out the one you mentioned. It just seemed like this thing would be SO easy to use and to clean.

It's my understanding that you have to use their own mixes...but you might want to see if you can find out more info on that.

Also, have you googled "bread machine reviews" (or something to that effect) to see if you can get any more info? I actually considered buying a bread machine early on but decided on a stand mixer instead. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with a bread machine. I just figured a mixer would be more versatile. And I don't have room for both.

It's my understanding that you have to use their own mixes...but you might want to see if you can find out more info on that.

Also, have you googled "bread machine reviews" (or something to that effect) to see if you can get any more info? I actually considered buying a bread machine early on but decided on a stand mixer instead. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with a bread machine. I just figured a mixer would be more versatile. And I don't have room for both.

I surely need to do some research needless to say. I think I got hit by the simplicity, and also it appears to make decent sized loaves as well. Even saw some nice sized buns for burgers advertised.

Seems like all of the mixes are about $6.99 so that could surely add up. Then again, I hear you 'bakers' talk about the high price of gluten-free flours so I am a bit confused! ;)

I might be better off with a mixer myself. I am actually quite a good cook, I just have never done much baking.

I surely need to do some research needless to say. I think I got hit by the simplicity, and also it appears to make decent sized loaves as well. Even saw some nice sized buns for burgers advertised.

Seems like all of the mixes are about $6.99 so that could surely add up. Then again, I hear you 'bakers' talk about the high price of gluten-free flours so I am a bit confused! ;)

I might be better off with a mixer myself. I am actually quite a good cook, I just have never done much baking.

Yes, the flours are rather expensive but you don't need to buy 15 or 20 different kinds like I did (a bit OCD, I guess). :o And they're not usually $6.99 a bag either.

Not knowing if you have any intolerances, some can be purchased at an Asian market for about $1.00 or so a lb. If you get ahold of a good gluten-free cookbook, they usually have a flour mix that's repeated in many recipes perhaps with an addition or two. And xanthan gum is expensive but lasts a long while. It took me exactly one loaf of bread to realize that my hand mixer wasn't going to do the trick as the batter climbed the beaters. That's after I tossed a loaf of Ener-G bread in the garbage.

I don't want to discourage you from buying a bread machine as I know some people use them and like them...just be sure to research it fully before spending over $300 on one plus $6.99 a mix. Will be anxious to hear what you decide.

Still working on recipes for bread, pizza crust, etc.! Posted one awhile ago on tortilla wraps. I haven't forgotten... ;)

I have never owned a bread machine as I love to make my own but gluten-free versions take all the fun out of the kneading and such. I would be very interested if someone were to purchase one of these babies. Think I'll look into it, too...

Still working on recipes for bread, pizza crust, etc.! Posted one awhile ago on tortilla wraps. I haven't forgotten... ;)

I have never owned a bread machine as I love to make my own but gluten-free versions take all the fun out of the kneading and such. I would be very interested if someone were to purchase one of these babies. Think I'll look into it, too...

Well, you could get a punching bag!!! :P :P :P

Well, you could get a punching bag!!! :P :P :P

Good one! Maybe I should. It would get my arms in better shape, too.

I really miss the art of making real bread. And the smell of it. And the stuff we can no longer put on it. Man, I had better stop this "woe is me" garbage! :D

Hey you,......where is the tortilla wrap recipe? :D

I must have missed it, or it was one of yours you said you wanted to 'refine' a bit.

Good one! Maybe I should. It would get my arms in better shape, too.

I really miss the art of making real bread. And the smell of it. And the stuff we can no longer put on it. Man, I had better stop this "woe is me" garbage! :D

I can't say "woe is me" as I'm smelling my pizza crust pre-baking. lol

I can't say "woe is me" as I'm smelling my pizza crust pre-baking. lol

Stop it! :lol: OK - will definitely be making pizza tomorrow.

Stop it! :lol: OK - will definitely be making pizza tomorrow.

:D :D :D

Tell us what recipe you're using...right now I'm pretty pleased with Annalise Roberts but always open to experimentation.

:D :D :D

Tell us what recipe you're using...right now I'm pretty pleased with Annalise Roberts but always open to experimentation.

OK - will let you know. I am now looking for recipes but may go with hers.

What are you topping yours with?

OK - will let you know. I am now looking for recipes but may go with hers.

What are you topping yours with?

Besides the sauce, I used mushrooms, green pepper, onion, sausage and lots of mozzarella cheese. Wish I had thrown on some pepperoni and ripe olives now that I think about it. The extra pizza crust is now in the freezer. My mixer did better with a double crust.

Unless I find a recipe I like better, I think I'll put together a bigger batch of the dry ingredients (except yeast) in a container so it's ready to go.