divamomma

Aero Bars In Canada

Rate this topic

I can not find any information anywhere about Aero bars. Are these gluten free or not? I am in Canada.

Last time I looked at the ingredients, there didn't seem to be any gluten ingredients BUT it did say either "may contain wheat" or "processed in a facility that process wheat"...can't remember which (that was about 6 months ago).

I was checking the ingredients listing today on the Nestle.ca website (Canadian) and interestingly the Aero bars don't contain any gluten containing ingredients, but the Aero bubbles (in the bag) do!  They contain glucose from wheat. http://products.nestle.ca/en/brands/chocolates/aero/aero-bubbles peppermint.aspx.  I'm glad I checked because I would have assumed them to be the same, and I always get the Aero bubbles at the movies....no more, I guess  :(

Hello, and welcome to the board.

Glucose, like all sugars, is highly refined and is considered safe regardless of the source.

Shelley Case, RD, is a source I trust completely on these issues. In her book, Gluten-Free Diet A Comprehensive Resource Guide, she lists as gluten-free and safe for celiacs:

Dextrose;

Fructose;

Glucose;

Glucose syrup;

Lactose;

Maltose;

Sucrose.

The Canadian Celiac Association also lists all of the above sugars as safe.

Make your own decision. As I said, I trust Shelley Case.