jststric

Dill?

Rate this topic

Is anyone else bothered by DILL???

Never read of anyone being bothered by it. I grow it fresh in my herb garden. It's wonderful for adding to dips and things....

what are you using it in??? I would take a good look at the other ingredients

Dill is one of the main spices I use in everything. Have not had a problem yet. Are you using fresh or store bought? what brand?

Do you buy it fresh and in bulk? Could be C.C.

Pretty much what everyone else asked:

what are you eating with it?

Where did you get it?

What has it come into contact with?

And where did you prepare it?

Dill from my garden, where I don't use any fertilizers or sprays- no problem. not going to be a gluten issue.

Dill from a farmer's market or grocery store where it can be touched by gluteny hands? Dill that touched counter tops in a kitchen that also has gluten food in it? That's gotten me before, I'm pretty sure.

Thanks everyone. I know its a really random ingredient. I started being bothered by it a couple of years ago and stopped using it. It was store-bought, dried. But I bought a new can of Watkins brand and decided to try again. I fixed it in a simple little butter sauce (soybutter) with some shrimp. It sure was YUMMY but, boy, there were the repurcussions the next day and a bit today (ate it Friday night). Now, a dill pickle doesn't bother me. Go figure. I'm guessing its the little "hairs" of the dill my digestion isn't liking. Just thought I'd ask and see if, by chance, its something I didn't realize bothers many or not. Guess I'm unique. I hate being unique, lol.

Thanks everyone. I know its a really random ingredient. I started being bothered by it a couple of years ago and stopped using it. It was store-bought, dried. But I bought a new can of Watkins brand and decided to try again. I fixed it in a simple little butter sauce (soybutter) with some shrimp. It sure was YUMMY but, boy, there were the repurcussions the next day and a bit today (ate it Friday night). Now, a dill pickle doesn't bother me. Go figure. I'm guessing its the little "hairs" of the dill my digestion isn't liking. Just thought I'd ask and see if, by chance, its something I didn't realize bothers many or not. Guess I'm unique. I hate being unique, lol.

I buy it fresh and grow it in the summer with no problems. I try to stay away from dried herbs etc! It's one of my favorites!