leighbra

Favorite Recipe

Rate this topic

I have been gluten free for a little over a week and need help planning dinenrs for my family. I thought if everyone would share their favorite dinner and/or recipe, it could help everyone. Even if you have been eating this way for years, new ideas are always refreshing.

My favorite dinner so far has been homemade chili. Would have loved a piece of cornbread though. :)

I have been gluten free for a little over a week and need help planning dinenrs for my family. I thought if everyone would share their favorite dinner and/or recipe, it could help everyone. Even if you have been eating this way for years, new ideas are always refreshing.

My favorite dinner so far has been homemade chili. Would have loved a piece of cornbread though. :)

BTW, you can easily make gluten-free cornbread! It's delicious. :D

Far too many to pick one so I'll choose the first that come to mind:

- Seared Duck Breast with Pomeganate Reduction with Wild Mushroom Risotto or Lentils Braised in Red Wine

- Drunken Leeks

- Roast Chicken with Herb Butter and Moroccan Rub

- Baby Back Ribs about 100 ways...

- Grilled Lamb Chops with Crushed Garlic and Fresh Herbs

- Lamb Tagine with Preserved Lemons

- Seared Pork Tenderloin with Spicy Maple Glaze

- Shaved Raw Asparagus Salad with Toasted Pine Nuts, Shaved Parmesan and Lemon Vinaigrette

- gluten-free Pizza with Homemade Red or Green Pesto

- Tons of soups

- Roasted Garlic Smashed Potatoes with Mustard Seeds

- Prime Rib Roast with Wet Horseradish Rub/Roasted Baby Potatoes with Herbs

- Seared Foie Gras with Apple Turnip Puree and Garlic Chips

- Osso Bucco

- Coq au Vin

- Beef Bourguignon

- Braised/Glazed Pork Belly

- Lentils de Puy with Pancetta and Kale

- Risotto Milanese

- Apple Stuffed Double-Cut Pork Chops with Calvados Glaze

- Grilled Haloumi Cheese with Fresh Herbs

- Roast Duck with Homemade Roasted Applesauce

- Minted Pea Puree

- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Spiced Butter and Pepitas

- Celeriac and Potato Puree

- Roasted Mushrooms with Thyme

I'd better stop there but could go on for several pages - there are just too many ideas floating around my noggin! ;)

Leighbra: ya- if corn and other grains dont bother u- u can easily make gluten-free cornbread. we made Pamela's cornbread mix last year for thanksgiving- it was DELISH- i ate it plain with butter, and we used it for stuffing- so yum... but unfortunately- a few days of corn set me back (as i now realize i cant tolerate it)

lovetotravel: OMG will u please come out with your own cookbook- dear GOD those all look YUMM :P

You might also want to check this thread, "What Are You Cooking Tonight"...makes me hungry every time I read it.

http://www.celiac.co...ooking-tonight/

Leighbra: ya- if corn and other grains dont bother u- u can easily make gluten-free cornbread. we made Pamela's cornbread mix last year for thanksgiving- it was DELISH- i ate it plain with butter, and we used it for stuffing- so yum... but unfortunately- a few days of corn set me back (as i now realize i cant tolerate it)

lovetotravel: OMG will u please come out with your own cookbook- dear GOD those all look YUMM :P

The good news is that most of the recipes are intrinsically gluten-free anyway. And those that are not are easily done with substitutions. :D