cO_ol

Can I Do This?

Rate this topic

Can I just put a glob (or 50 ;D) of peanut butter on a cookie sheet and bake it? I mean, without it becoming some kind of horrific science experiment or something? Or would it just end up being something you'd need a spoon for (which is ok by me)? Just wondering.

I think it would just flatten out and turn into near liquid. Try it on some parchment paper or something.

Can I just put a glob (or 50 ;D) of peanut butter on a cookie sheet and bake it? I mean, without it becoming some kind of horrific science experiment or something? Or would it just end up being something you'd need a spoon for (which is ok by me)? Just wondering.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/flourless-peanut-butter-cookies/Detail.aspx

I have done this with no sugar and each cookie turns out like a piece of bread

I think that you can as long as its not in the oven too long! :) I like to take a little bit of PB (or the whole jar without the cap) and stick it in the microwave for 30s so it's extra soft. Works well for mixing and the whole jar stays soft for about a week...or until the jar is finished, which usually happens in my house before the first week is out anyway :)

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/flourless-peanut-butter-cookies/Detail.aspx

I have done this with no sugar and each cookie turns out like a piece of bread

I have made this recipe as well using honey in place of the sugar. It comes out like slightly sweet bready cookies. Very good!

OP--What do you hope to achieve by baking globs of PB? They will probably just melt into a PB puddle. If you want a solid PB form with nothing but PB as an ingredient you would be better off sticking them in the freezer. We used to make no-bake PB balls like that when I was a kid (although I think they also had lots or sugar added and were half dipped in chocolate).

Okay now I want a cookie. :lol: