Rate this topic

I had major air in my tummy when my symptoms went haywire last year. Usually lots of burping right after I ate to try to relieve the bloating. I havent experienced it since going gluten free.

I miss Kit Kats too.

My friends thought I was incredibly unladylike because I could belch better than their husbands...I still can but it's less frequent now.

That was one of my most annoying symptoms because when I burped my throat would burn and I'd get a horrible taste in my mouth like rotten eggs. Found out it was acid reflux. Haven't had it since going gluten-free except when I ate hard boiled eggs, oddly enough. I don't eat those anymore!

I have read that reflux problems are common in Celiacs and recently read an article where a Dr actually referred to celiac disease as a reflux disease. Some Drs may tell you that you have swallowed air and are burping it back out, especially if you are a smoker. But it is more likely since you are burping bad smalling gas after eating eggs that you have some bacteria in your stomach or upper small intestine which are growing on the egg protein and producing the gas. This area is normally sterile as strong stomach acids kill almost all bacteria eaten and the bile also kills microorganisms. There are some lab tests for this, ask your Dr. There are also some alternative or natural ways to improve your digestive tract if the gluten free diet doesn't help.

I still have pretty constant bloating. No rotten eggs, bad taste, acid reflux, but just huge amounts of gas. I got cc'd yesterday and the production increased considerably :P I tested clear for parasites and SIBO, candida, etc. Of course some foods are worse than others but it never goes away. Lectin foods are the worst. :(

I have been seeing a naturopathic doctor and she has me on 2 kinds of digestive enzymes, phyofudge (for yeast and parasite), GI revive, and a probiotic. I don't test positive for celiac but my markers show a gluten intolerance (according to NP but GI Dr. says opposite). It seems that if I eat dairy or gluten I will burp for hours or days..even if it is a small trace of contamination..It is awful. Sometimes smells like eggs but most times has no smell...It seems like most with a gluten allergy have diarrhea but I haven't had that issue at all just the burping and headache.