mpajor91

Would Aspirin Somewhat Alleviate Reactions?

Rate this topic

I got glutened a couple days ago, and it was one of my most painful experiences of my intestine's inflammation killing the villi. When I told a friend about it, she asked "does Aspirin help? It acts as an anti-inflammatory." I've been thinking about it. WOULD this help, if taken immediately at the onset of my during-inflammation symptoms? Theoretically, it should make the damage less severe, even if it's only to a small degree.

Anyone know if Aspirin helps if taken during a reaction?

Some people say it does help them with the inflammatory response. Pepto Bismol also works for some people and it contains salicylates. The only thing I would caution you is that some people have Salicylic Acid Sensitivity or Intolerance and that would give you a headache, irritability, and actually CAUSE more inflammation in your body. Not many people know about this sensitivity though it occurs in 1/100 people. I used to take Ibuprofen for migraine headaches before I knew about Celiac. This became a daily medicine for me to deal with the flu like symptoms and the inflammation. It caused so many more problems. Please google salicylate sensitivity so you can be aware of the symptoms. If you are not one of these one in a hundred who cannot tolerate aspirinm you should be fine taking it for minor inflammation. Just wanted you to be aware.