Mish-Mash

Shin And Thigh Bone Pain

Rate this topic

I'm onl 19, and afer having had some gluten (for some tests, my previous dc told me that doing the tests gluten-free wouldn't make a difference), and for 2 weeks I've been in bed with terrible bone pain in my shin a thigh bone, has anyone else experienced this?

Sorry you are having so much pain!

Yes, I have terrible bone, joint and muscle pain, especially in my thighs, hips, buttocks and shins and knees.

I have it everywhere actually, :unsure: but it STARTED years ago in my legs and hips, long before diagnosis.

I asked a similar question when I first joined here and many people responded that they also had this pain and that it resolved or decreased after begin gluten-free for some time. Gives me great hope-- as all other testing (for rheumatoid arthritis, etc.) shows nothing.

Do your IT bands hurt---the muscles down the side of your thighs from your hips down past your knees? Also a common report on here.

Hope it goes away once you are able to be gluten free once more and you can stretch, move and exercise!

My very first symptom four years before diagnosis was hip pain. By the end every muscle and bone in my body hurt. It all went away after going gluten (and eventually casein) free.

• Upvote 1

My very first symptom four years before diagnosis was hip pain. By the end every muscle and bone in my body hurt. It all went away after going gluten (and eventually casein) free.

Hooray for you--that is awesome!! :D and thanks for posting! Gives me great hope! Every time someone tells me this pain goes away or lessens, I am encouraged!!