adab8ca

A-Ha Moment ?

Rate this topic

12 days ago I accidentally glutened myself. I have been sick EVER since, diarrhea every day, several times a day. Feeling awful. I thought it was still the gluten but sheesh, 12 days??? Now, I did not have any D symptoms with my celiac diagnosis but I am now thinking now that maybe I am intolerant to something else. Again, with no gut problems, I was sure I had no other intolerances. It has been 8 months that I have been gluten-free, so I am a little surprised but from what I am reading, it may not be that uncommon to develop other intolerances?

Yuk. Now I don't even know where to start,

12 days ago I accidentally glutened myself. I have been sick EVER since, diarrhea every day, several times a day. Feeling awful. I thought it was still the gluten but sheesh, 12 days??? Now, I did not have any D symptoms with my celiac diagnosis but I am now thinking now that maybe I am intolerant to something else. Again, with no gut problems, I was sure I had no other intolerances. It has been 8 months that I have been gluten-free, so I am a little surprised but from what I am reading, it may not be that uncommon to develop other intolerances?

Yuk. Now I don't even know where to start,

I had a similar experience last summer. Still don't know from what as I never had gut problems either. My symptoms were lots of aches and pains in muscles and joints and the big D. This went on for months. I finally went on an elimination diet to try to figure out if there was a sensitivity. Nothing really definitive showed up. I subsequently starting thinking it might be some supplements, so I decreased the daily fish oil amount. That helped some and I do feel I'm finally on the mend, but it is really frustrating. I ran across the Specific Carbohydrate Diet website and used some of those ideas. They coincide with much of my doctor's ideas. So, keep trying. Eventually you'll figure it out but it takes lots of time and detective work!!

:)

It's possible you have other intolerances and it's also possible you are getting gluten from repeated cc that you are not aware of. Best thing to do to start out is to keep a food and symptom journal to see if you can see a pattern as food intolerance reactions can take several days to show up. Then you can start eliminating suspicous foods. Another way to go about it would be to do a strict elimination diet where you cut out all 8 major allergerns, everything you suspect and eat only a handful of whole foods you are sure you are okay with. Choose one protein, one starch, one easy to digest vegetable and only eat those for two weeks. Then pick one of you suspected problem foods (like milk) to challenge with--add it back into your diet for a few days until you either have a reaction to it or are sur eit is not a problem food. Keep adding one new food per week.