Kolla

A Must Have

Rate this topic

Hi, im still learning to be gluten free for my doughter, when reading recipies its all kinds of flours, what is a must have in gluten free cooking/baking, instead of buying it all !!!!

Hi, im still learning to be gluten free for my doughter, when reading recipies its all kinds of flours, what is a must have in gluten free cooking/baking, instead of buying it all !!!!

Hi, yes it can be overwhelming looking at those recieps with so many kinds of flours...Unfortuantely most gluten-free baking turns out better with several flours instead of just one kind. What you might want to do is start by using a pre-made flour mix and follow the recipe on the bag or on the company website. This will give you a chance to learn how gluten-free doughs are different--for one thing some are batters more than doughs and for anothe ryou often don't have to knead the dough like you would with wheat bread dough. Once you get some success with the mixes then maybe you will wan tto branch out and try buying individual flours to make your own mix.

Some brands that I have had good success with in the past are: King Arthur gluten-free AP flour, King Arthur bread mix and Pamela's Pancake and Baking mix.