CarolinaKip

Johnsonville Smoked Turkey Sausage

Rate this topic

I have found a list where all thier other sausages are gluten-free, however, I cannot find the turkey on it. I'm going to email them, but thought someone here may know. I'm not eating it, but fixing it for my children. I want to know if it is safe for my gluten-free grill. I thought so when I purchased them. I use their italian sausage for meatballs when making gluten-free pasta for them. It looks safe, but??

Here's the response they sent me a couple months ago:

"The majority of our products are made with gluten free ingredients but they can not be considered to be 100% 'gluten-free'.

"We only make two retail products that intentionally contain gluten as a result of the real beer used in our Beer 'n Bratwurst and Cooked Beer Brats. All other Johnsonville products are made with gluten free ingredients but we do not monitor or test for gluten content in them.

"In order to limit cross contamination, we make our products containing gluten at the end of the day or before our sanitation shift."

Here's the response they sent me a couple months ago:

"The majority of our products are made with gluten free ingredients but they can not be considered to be 100% 'gluten-free'.

"We only make two retail products that intentionally contain gluten as a result of the real beer used in our Beer 'n Bratwurst and Cooked Beer Brats. All other Johnsonville products are made with gluten free ingredients but we do not monitor or test for gluten content in them.

"In order to limit cross contamination, we make our products containing gluten at the end of the day or before our sanitation shift."

Thank you!