Debbie B in MD

Big Kitchen Cleanng Today. No More Cc In My House,,,,

Rate this topic

I am convinced the latest issues are cross contamination from my kitchen. I know the gluten-free lunchmeat cut on the store slicer gave me gluten for a week 2 weeks ago and I am still recovering. I haven't done a lot with my kitchen, but today is the day. I did rearrange the pantry, but today it shall be cleaned. The fridge and the cooking utensil drawers will be cleaned out and we are going shopping. My daughter had a stomach and headache last night and I know she has been gluten-free meal wise since last Wed. after the stupid GI appointment. It must be cc. Any guidance would be appreciated.

I am convinced the latest issues are cross contamination from my kitchen. I know the gluten-free lunchmeat cut on the store slicer gave me gluten for a week 2 weeks ago and I am still recovering. I haven't done a lot with my kitchen, but today is the day. I did rearrange the pantry, but today it shall be cleaned. The fridge and the cooking utensil drawers will be cleaned out and we are going shopping. My daughter had a stomach and headache last night and I know she has been gluten-free meal wise since last Wed. after the stupid GI appointment. It must be cc. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Here is my two cents. We went out and bought new tupperware and rubbermaid containers all with blue lids. These are gluten-free containers only. It helps my husband to find a quick snack for my daughter in or out of the refrigerator.

We tossed all our teflon pots and pans and went to all stainless so as not to cross contaminate due to scratches in teflon. Out went all the plaastic spatulas and spoons and replaced with stainless.

Most of my daughters meals are cooked in the redi set express machine and we keep it completely allergen free.

We keep all of the gluten-free boxed goods on a seperate bakers rack to avoid cross contamination. I always cook my daughters food first then I deal with ours.

To make our grill gluten free for our daughter my hubby ran the frill at 600 degrees for 25 minutes to burn off all gluten (I we cooked alot with beer)

Good luck.

I don't know if it is possible to get cc from the dishwasher, but this week I noticed residue in our glasses after the wash cycle was over. My husband cleaned out the drain, which had a plastic straw cover and an onion skin in it. This was keeping food residue from being rinsed down the drain. Now our dishes are clean and I don't worry about getting cc from there...although it may be excessive worry, I don't know. Good luck finding the source of your problem!