K8ling

Glutened? Or Just Baby?

Rate this topic

I got a publix chicken Lemon Pepper rotisserie chicken last night, and before I bought it I asked about CC. The Deli girl assured me there was no cross contamination at all. I ended up eating it and it seemed fine until about 10pm...then I was awake with horrible cramps. Awful.

Usually when I get glutened I get D and Nausea followed by C and severe cramping. So...what is it possible it was just the baby rearranging my insides? Or was it a minor glutening? Do the reactions change during pregnancy?

I'm 17 weeks now and definitely growing! I wish I could tell what was happening in there LOL

I got glutened once while I was pregnant with my daughter. My initial reaction was the same-- severe headache and nausea, but it was gone the next day, instead of lingering it's usual 7-10 days. SO, my reaction did change during pregnancy, and it's quite possible yours did, too.

There were also foods that I normally tolerate fine, but when I was pregnant made me want to die! I remember crackers and chips of any sort were awful (these were definitely gluten-free items, too, so it wasn't an issue of CC).

thanks for the heads up!! I was shocked at how much I grew last night, but my husband asked if maybe it was swelling? I dunno but SOMETHING got bigger in there LOL

While I didn't know I was gluten intolerant back when I was having children, my symptoms multiplied dramatically at that time. 20/20 hindsight now. Don't be surprised if you are much more sensitive than you were before.