Katrala

Microwaves

Rate this topic

My family uses the microwave to warm up food, etc. and often that food has gluten in it.

Should I be worried to use the microwave after they have used it? Is simply wiping it down enough?

I make sure there are no annoying scone or bagel crumbs and check the microwave "ceiling". Sometimes stuff explodes.Fortunately, most of the stuff that explodes at my house is gluten-free (Chili beans usually)

If you are worried there is something in the air, cover your food or leave the door open to air it out.

If I have to use a microwave that has had gluten in it, I cover my food with plastic wrap and set it on top of a bunch of paper towels or I use 2 plates one that touches the microwave and one to eat off of. Also make sure to wash your hands after touching the handle or buttons before you eat.

Someone told me that just being in the microwave could contaminate my food, so I wasn't sure.

I may need to use a microwave next week that is used by many people. So bringing paper plates, plastic wrap, etc. would be a good idea?

Someone told me that just being in the microwave could contaminate my food, so I wasn't sure.

I may need to use a microwave next week that is used by many people. So bringing paper plates, plastic wrap, etc. would be a good idea?

gluten-free or not...if the microwave is used by lots of people who don't always ( or never) clean it, cover your food well. A paper plate or 2 on the bottom and paper towels or a paper plate on top. Some plastic wrap isn't good in the microwave.

gluten-free or not...if the microwave is used by lots of people who don't always ( or never) clean it, cover your food well. A paper plate or 2 on the bottom and paper towels or a paper plate on top. Some plastic wrap isn't good in the microwave.

Everyone uses the microwave where I work, I put papertowels down and always cover with one too, and remember if your using a lunch box to remember to wipe it out too after putting the container back, where I work there are crumbs everywhere, very messy people.