Monklady123

Found A New Kind Of Bread!

Rate this topic

At least it's new to me. Just found it at my recently renovated Target. It's Glutino Harvest Corn, and it's yummy toasted! Not so sure it would be good sandwich bread, but I can use Udi's for that. I'll try this though just to see. For now I've been toasting it and it has a great crunch, and is NOT heavy and gross like so many other gluten free bread is.

Also, as I was browsing up and down all the food aisles at Target (this is what's new at this store, a full grocery store) I found a bunch of other gluten free things. I've been trying to stay away from too much processed food but I couldn't pass up the Glutino crackers because these are the ones that are the most like "real" crackers of any that I've tried. And they have the graham crackers too! With summer coming (hopefully.. it's freezing today) it will be smores season and maybe I can have one too, when my kids do! woot!

Anyway, just passing on my bread find, if any of you haven't seen this kind and have a Target near you.

I am going to look out for that! I miss having toast with my coffee.

I am going to look out for that! I miss having toast with my coffee.

Try Udi's also. It's as close as we'll get to gluteny bread. This Harvest Corn has a different texture to it, but is still "breadlike", if that makes sense. lol..

I cannot start my day without coffee and toast, so I'm happy to have another option for the toast part. :)

I used to buy the Corn bread. It was ok. I like the Katz and the Udi the best. I made wasabi toast over the weekend with our chicken.

Basically made a mixture of dairy free Smart Balance margarine with a healthy amount of gluten free wasabi powder, dash of salt and a sprinkle of onion flakes. Generously buttered the Udi bread and put it into the toaster oven until slightly browned. It was delicous.