cahill

Has Anyone Been Successful At Reintroducing Nightshades

Rate this topic

Has anyone tried to reintroduce nightshades??

Has any one been successful at reintroducing nightshades ??

I was kinda hoping as my gut healed that there was a chance I could reintroduce them

I found that I could introduce homegrown ones. It might be something used in production that bothered me.

I miss potatoes. My waist and hips do not, but my mouth does. Hopefully after some healing I will eat them again.

i assume i dont have a nightshade problem.

i totally avoid Potatoes- as they give me gas & hurt my joints. i only eat a little peppers (both the potatoes & peppers have a lot of fructose/fructans- gives me painful bloating).

tomatoes work for me in moderation.

its funny- ive been wanting to tell all of you guys- i watched a show on NatGeo the other night about America (before Columbus)- and all the produce & animals that were imported/exported. i believe ALL the nightshades came from the americas... and some of the europeans that brought the potato back from America wrote in their journals- that it was "flatulent" but could be hearty sustenance for peasants organs. i laughed, cause ya- they can be quite flatulent for me

i assume i dont have a nightshade problem.

i totally avoid Potatoes- as they give me gas & hurt my joints. i only eat a little peppers (both the potatoes & peppers have a lot of fructose/fructans- gives me painful bloating).

tomatoes work for me in moderation.

its funny- ive been wanting to tell all of you guys- i watched a show on NatGeo the other night about America (before Columbus)- and all the produce & animals that were imported/exported. i believe ALL the nightshades came from the americas... and some of the europeans that brought the potato back from America wrote in their journals- that it was "flatulent" but could be hearty sustenance for peasants organs. i laughed, cause ya- they can be quite flatulent for me

Funny about the reports, sort of. I am confused that you say don't have a nightshade issue, but your joints hurt and you have gas and bloating. I am curious what other problems people have with nightshades if these aren't problems. I get intense shoulder pain with potatoes and tomatoes.Do you think it is a fructose malabsorption problem rather than a nightshade issue? Do you have problems with other fructose sources?

Thanks guys,,

I May wait until the new homegrown crop comes in to try tomatoes and peppers.A week before my colonoscpy PROBABLY is NOT the best time to try reintroducing them :lol:

I am not planing on reintroducing potatoes (I did react VERY strongly to potatoes )but reintroducing peppers and tomatoes would open up my menu options quite a bit

Funny about the reports, sort of. I am confused that you say don't have a nightshade issue, but your joints hurt and you have gas and bloating. I am curious what other problems people have with nightshades if these aren't problems. I get intense shoulder pain with potatoes and tomatoes.Do you think it is a fructose malabsorption problem rather than a nightshade issue? Do you have problems with other fructose sources?

i said i assume i dont have a "nightshade problem", cause im okay with tomatoes.

potatoes make my joints hurt, tomatoes dont.

potatoes & peppers give me painful gas cause i have a fructose malabsorption issue too.

tomatoes will only give me fructose gas pain if i eat a crapload.

and i never eat eggplant, dont like it.

reintroducing peppers and tomatoes would open up my menu options quite a bit

Yeah, I know what you mean. When you take away tomatoes, soy sauce, and citrus, you really limit your saucing abilities. :P

I haven't been able to do nightshades. I don't plan to try them anymore for that matter. I do fine without them so not a big issue to me anyway.